By Gina Grad
November 22, 2018
Since this segment fell on Thanksgiving, I wanted to do something that people would want to make for a get-together. Something hearty and savory but without turkey and stuffing in it because I’m pretty sure you got that part covered by now!
I followed THIS RECIPE from CafeDelites.com pretty closely. The only things I changed were:
- I subbed out scallions for sautéed white onion because I LOVE sautéed onions.
- Instead of sweet Italian sausage, I used ground pork and added garlic paste, onion powder, sage, thyme, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. But you can really do just about ANYTHING with the sausage! Dealer’s choice! Go crazy!!
- As the recipe points out, you can totally leave out the bread crumbs! So that’s exactly what I did and what you should do too. #NSNG
These are pretty easy to make but can feel a little labor-intensive because there are a few moving parts…
Here are the highlights:
- Take all of the stems carefully out of about two dozen white mushrooms.
- Chop up the stems and add to the browned sausage and sautéed onion.
- Fold in the cream cheese and sour cream so everything melts together.
- Throw in your Parmesan and parsley and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into each cap and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Add a little more Parmesan and bake for about 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle a little more parsley on top and serve to what will be VERY happy guests!